Good morning street art lovers!
Today we would like to try to create an identikit of the perfect street art collector. Here at Wunderkammern we see a lot of them, and we tried to get our own idea! Even if you’ve never bought art before, don’t worry, it might be the right time to start 😉
Take a look and see if you have what it takes!
1. He/she’s curious. Curiosity is undoubtedly one of the most important elements for a collector, it’s the only way to learn and discover new artists. The perfect collector is not afraid to throw himself into the discovery of new artists, even emerging ones, which can give him great satisfaction.
2. He/she’s passionate. For the collector, art is life! He constantly needs to have art under his eyes, starting from his home. His home is a real museum, but some works are jealously reserved for his eyes only.
3. He/she has a nose for business. It also takes a bit of intuition and an expert eye that can be acquired with time and study. The perfect collector can spot a bargain from afar, though he’s not afraid to take a gamble on some new young talent.
4. He/she studies a lot. A constant and passionate study. Of course counts as “study” the live visit of street art works! So to get started all you need to do is plan a tour to see the masterpieces of urban art that paper the walls of cities around the world.
5. He/she doesn’t miss out on what’s new. So keep following our blog and our social 😉
We hope we’ve intrigued you! If you want some advice on how to start your collection to become perfect street art collectors, don’t hesitate to contact us, we are at your disposal! See you soon 🙂